"Pontormo and Rosso. Diverging paths of Mannerism"
Villa La Massa, the Medicean property on the Arno river owned by Villa d'Este Hotels, offers its international clientele a special package on occasion of the above exhibition at Palazzo Strozzi in Florence to discover the Mannerism, a period of European art that emerged from the later years of the Italian High Renaissance around 1520. The exhibition is dedicated to Pontormo and Rosso Fiorentino, the two greatest Florentine exponents of the Mannerism painting. They were both born at the end of '400 and had to face the start of a troubled era of religious and political clash that lead to the less of the harmony and balance in art that had been a feature of the previous century. Through a broad and multifaceted overview of the two great painters' masterpieces, the visitor discovers this controversial art movement that was initially understimated.
Our offer includes:
- 2 nights in a deluxe room or Junior Suite
- Full buffet breakfast at the Restaurant (or continental in the room)
- An entrance ticket per person for the exhibition and a catalogue
- Guided tour of the exhibition in the preferred language
- A 3-course dinner at the “Verrocchio” Restaurant (beverage not included)
- Free use of the Fitness Centre and of the jogging track along the Arno river
- Daily courtesy shuttle from/to Villa La Massa and Florence (Ponte Vecchio)
City Tax to be added: 4 Euro per person per night valid from 1st March until 31st October for up to 4 nights. No charge for children up to 13 years.
|Valid from March 20th to July 20th, 2014|
|Double room (per person)||565.00|
Online booking | Request information